Choosing how to Donate
LAWM offers many ways for you to donate. How to decide which is best for you? Legal Aid is a 501(c)(3) non-profit and all donations are eligible for IRS deduction.
By Mail: Please make check payable to Legal Aid of Western Michigan and send same to: Legal Aid of Western Michigan, 89 Ionia, N.W., Ste. 400, Grand Rapids, MI 49503
As a grantee of the Michigan State Bar Foundation, LAWM
participates in the ACCESS TO JUSTICE CAMPAIGN, a partnership of the MSBF, State Bar of Michigan and Michigan's Legal Aid programs to increase resources for civil legal aid to the poor.
- Any Michigan resident can contribute through the Access to Justice fund but all donations from attorneys should be made through the ATJ Fund.
- Donations can be made by credit card or paid by or pledged by mail through the ATTORNEY DONATIONS button to the right.
- Donors can choose to give money for LAWM's current operations, to LAWM's Endowment or in support of ATJ's Statewide Endowment.
- Donations for LAWM's Endowment Fund can only be made through the ATJ Fund.
- Donations to the ATJ Fund for LAWM's Endowment qualify for the Michigan Community Foundation Tax Credit through an arrangement with the Capital Region Community Foundation.
- The MSBF administers the ATJ Fund and distributes 100% of the donations made for LAWM's operations directly to LAWM.
This option is for non-attorneys.
- Donations made by check or money order, should be made payable to Legal Aid of Western Michigan and sent to 89 Ionia, NW, Suite 400,Grand Rapids, MI 49503
- Donations and pledges can be made by credit card. Please contact our Fund Development Director, Lacy Cook at 616-774-0672 ext. 122 to do this directly.
- Donations are for current program operations only and go directly to LAWM.
- Donations cannot be made to the Endowment and do not qualify for the Michigan Community Foundations Tax Credit.
Non-attonreys who wish to donate to LAWM's Endowment may do so through the ATJ FUND.
Donations made directly to Legal Aid of Western Michigan will be used
only for current operations for legal assistance activities permitted by the Legal Services Corporation Act and Regulations.